Thomas Epps, III
Thomas & Kipp Gutshall Professor
Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
Materials Science & Engineering
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (302) 831-0215
208 DuPont Hall
We are interested in designing novel nanostructured materials for fuel cell, lithium battery, and other ion-conduction applications; analytical separation membranes; nanoporous templates and sensors. We manipulate polymer internal and external interfacial characteristics in bulk and thin film environments to influence the ordering and stability of polymer structures, particularly in block copolymers and polymer blends.
- APS John H. Dillon Medal, 2016
- AIChE Owens Corning Early Career Award, 2015
- Sigma Xi Young Investigator Award, 2014
- Thomas & Kipp Gutshall Professorship, 2012
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Visiting Professor Award, 2012
- UD Gerard J. Mangone Best Young Scholar Award (Alison Young Professor), 2011
- DuPont Young Professor Award, 2010
1. Generating network nanostructures in high molecular weight and ion-conducting block copolymer systems.
2. Stabilizing triply-periodic (network) structures in ultrathin polymer films.
3. Synthesizing novel block copolymer structures in microfluidic devices.
4. Creating thermally-reversible, co-continuous microstructured materials using polymer blends.