FAQ – 3+2 BA/MMSE Degree Program
Feel free to contact our Graduate Academic Support Coordinator, if you have additional questions.
Telephone: (302) 831-7183
Materials Science and Engineering
The University of Delaware
201 DuPont Hall
Newark, DE 19716
What is the Millersville University and University of Delaware 3+2 Program?
Students in the 3+2 BA/MMSE program are allowed to satisfy some of the requirements for a Master’s degree in Materials Science & Engineering at the University of Delaware while completing the requirements for a Bachelor’s degree at Millersville University of Pennsylvania
What are the advantages of the 3+2 BA/MMSE program?
What are the disadvantages of the 3+2 BA/MMSE Program?
Why get a Master's degree?
When is the best time to get a Master's degree?
Can I get Financial Support for the 3+2 BA/MMSE degrees?
What course can I use to satisfy the requirements of both degrees?
Does this change the requirements for my undergraduate degree?
Will I need to pick an MSEG concentration option?
Who can apply?
- Must be a student in the BA Physics degree program at Millersville University of Pennsylvania
- Completion of five semester or 94 credits of coursework of the baccalaureate degree program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- GRE quantitative score of at least 155 and a combined scores (quantitative + verbal of at least 300
- Three excellent letters of recommendations from faculty or scholars
How does one apply?
Then, complete an online application for the Graduate School, selecting the 3+2 option. The application is submitted to the UDel Graduate School. The statement of purpose, transcripts (needed for courses taken at other universities) and three recommendation letters should be submitted directly to the MSEG Department. General Record Exam (GRE) scores are also required. The graduate school application fee must be submitted as well.
When should one apply?
- To begin 3+2 BA/MMSE in the fall term- U.S. & Canadian students apply by August 1, International students apply by June 1
- To begin 3+2 BA/MMSE in spring term- U.S. & Canadian students apply by Nov. 1, International students apply by October 1